Assertive North Carolina DWI Attorney Protects Your Rights
Tough criminal defense lawyer fights for your driving privileges in the Central Carolina area
Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of your license, higher insurance premiums, heavy fines and jail time. If you were stopped and charged with a DWI in the Sanford area or anywhere in North Carolina, the Law Office of John M. Holmes, Jr. can provide the diligent defense you deserve. I understand that good people can make mistakes and that breathalyzers can give false readings. I have the knowledge and tenacity to challenge the evidence against you and pursue the best possible outcome.
Determined North Carolina advocate challenges drunk driving charges
A law enforcement officer's quest for an arrest or a prosecutor's desire for a conviction should never take priority over your right to fair treatment. At the Law Office of John M. Holmes, Jr., I may be able to have charges thrown out by demonstrating that an equipment or procedural error resulted in an unfair charge. I will examine whether or not law enforcement followed proper protocol in regard to:
- The stop — Police must be able to demonstrate that they pulled you over based on "reasonable suspicion" that you were acting in violation of the law.
- The sobriety test — There are specific rules that police must follow when administering field sobriety tests, including when measuring blood alcohol concentration (B.A.C.) levels.
- The equipment — Breathalyzer machines have provided inaccurate results in the past, and their reliability can be questioned.
- The arrest — For an arrest to be valid, an officer must inform you of your Miranda rights.
- The evidence — Blood samples and other types of evidence must be stored in certain conditions in order to maintain their integrity.
By challenging these procedures, I will strive to get you the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
Knowledgeable counselor provides advice on handling DWI stops
If you are ever pulled over by the police on suspicion of drunk driving, there are several ways you can help yourself:
- Don't be intimidated — If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Remain calm and be polite.
- Don't allow a search without a warrant — Any evidence police find in your car can be used to support a DWI conviction.
- Get a blood test after release — It’s a good idea to measure your B.A.C. with a blood test after arrest. At trial, John M. Holmes, Jr. may use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
If you are arrested and charged with impaired driving, contact John M. Holmes, Jr. immediately. The Law Office of John M. Holmes, Jr. can start working on your defense as soon as you call me for help.
Contact an aggressive North Carolina DWI defense lawyer
If you have been arrested for DWI, a strong defense attorney can challenge the charges against you. Call the Law Office of John M. Holmes, Jr., in Sanford, today at 919-897-2423 or contact me online to set up a free consultation.