Your divorce doesn’t have to be as stressful as your marriage.
There are few things in life as stressful as dramatic changes in family relationships. If you are in the process of making a legal change in your personal life, or are contemplating one, please contact John M. Holmes.
I have protected the rights and interests of clients throughout North Carolina for more than 15 years. I regularly go to court in Lee, Harnett, Johnston, Moore, Chatham and Wake County.
I have the experience you need to get you through difficult times
I understand that clients making life-altering decisions need support and compassion. My reputation for success is based on my ability to provide clients with the legal tools to make informed, objective decisions during tumultuous times.
I have handled all kinds of divorces from the friendliest, uncontested divorce to the most serious divorce circumstances. I believe in "minimizing the damage" and am committed to settling cases early in the proceedings without sacrificing our client's interests.
If litigation is necessary, I will aggressively seek to obtain the best results for my client.
Whether you are preparing for a divorce, grappling with child custody or child support issues, or anything in between, I can help.
I am an experienced family law attorney that will helps you make important life decisions related to all aspects of the break-up of a marriage, including:
- Divorce - helping clients through the emotional process leading up to and through the filing for divorce, and assisting in protecting their interests (fairly dividing assets, the treatment of children, etc.) in what happens next
- Legal Separation - in North Carolina there is no paper to file that makes you legally separated, nor are you required to be separated to file for custody, property, spousal support and other matters
- Child Custody - assisting clients to work out equal, joint and sole custody agreements that support the welfare of the child now and in the future
- Division of Property ("equitable distribution") - the division of marital debts and assets is in theory supposed to be equal, but includes many exceptions where a skilled attorney can help best protect your interests
- Child Support - ensuring that according to North Carolina law children receive the same support whether their parents are together or apart
- Alimony/Spousal Support - working to protect clients' financial rights by developing post-separation (PSS) and alimony agreements
Family law covers a variety of relationships, time frames, agreements and rights, and not just formal divorce papers. I have deep knowledge and experience handling:
- Prenuptial agreements
- Asset division
- Paternity disputes
- Domestic violence
- Marital separation agreements